Session 1: Wednesday 5 October, 9:00 - 12:00 hrs
Session 2: Wednesday 5 October, 13:30 - 16:30 hrs
Marketplace is designed to connect outbound Tour Operators and Travel Advisors (Buyers), who sell adventure experiences, with inbound adventure suppliers and destinations ready to help build new and unique itineraries to deliver amazing experiences for adventure travelers around the globe. Destination Marketplace tables also offer in-person meetings with representatives from partnering tourism boards from their nations, regions and cities.
The Summit Marketplace is structured to provide you with up to twelve meetings, each twelve minutes long, long enough to make a good connection and short enough to maximize your opportunity to meet a variety of potential partners.
Ratings for your pre-scheduled meetings will open on the event platform 4-6 weeks prior to the event. At that time, buyers will have the opportunity to submit their preferences for the specific suppliers and destinations they want to meet with. Suppliers and destinations will also have the opportunity to request specific buyers to meet with during the same selection period.
After the selection period closes on 20 September, ATTA’s matchmaking process takes over to best match each participant's requests and maximize schedules while balancing schedules to provide equal opportunity for all. With over 15 years of experience running Marketplace events, we have fine tuned our formula to help forge hundreds of new and prosperous partnerships.
Your list of appointments will be provided to you by late September. Our team strives to fill as many open meeting slots as possible with the potential partners you have selected in our pre-event matchmaking process, however, your success depends heavily on you: it is imperative for you to "do your homework" and explore who is coming before we open the platform so that you are fully prepared and know with whom you wish to meet when the platform opens.
During the Marketplace sessions, delegates will come to meet with you at your table. Your Marketplace table is an opportunity to showcase your brand and we encourage the use of branded table cloths, table-top flags and the like. You will be provided the exact location of your table and may set up your table one hour before the start of the event. ATTA staff will be there to greet you and show you to your table. Your table will be a rectangular table 78in x 18in / 200cm x 45cm, equipped with four chairs per table. Unless ordered by you ahead of time, there is no guarantee of electrical power outlets by your table. See above section: “Electrical Power and AudioVisual (A/V) Needs”. Please be sure to have your table set up by 8:30 hrs for session one and 12:30 hrs for session two.
Other networking opportunities at the event:
- Day of Adventures (Monday 3 October): This is the best way to break the ice with the rest of the delegates. Once the DoAs are available for sign up see the list of who is attending each adventure and join the one on which the people you want to meet with are on. Use the time to also meet people who you do not know - keep in mind that they could be your “advocates” to introduce you to others;
- Partner Networking Tables: Throughout the event
- Meet Me area: ATTA sets up a special area in the lobby, near the ATTA registration desk, for all of the delegates where you can easily schedule to meet another delegate, using the event platform during all the days of the event.
- Event platform: Direct messages with other delegates before and during the event.
- Lunches/dinners, coffee breaks, informal gatherings etc.
- Use the ATTA HUB: Post in the groups of activities or events you are mostly interested in meeting people from and introduce yourself prior to the event or after.
A few important notes:
- Marketplace sessions will be assigned and communicated to you on 23 September.
- Marketplace tables are sold out. If you do not have a Marketplace Table as part of your partnership, please follow the general instructions for this session, here.